Sunday, November 9, 2014

A Blog Series With A Really Long Name :: Post 1






What I’ve learned since {this post} and what fully embracing the call to glorify God in this season of marriage and motherhood looks like for ME :: 
A Blog Series With A Really Long Name

Post 1: Intro and Disclaimer


Words matter to me. If you come visit my house that will be fairly evident. I have quotes EVERYWHERE. To me they are art in and of themselves. They make sense of the chaos of thoughts swirling through my head, and anchor me to the truth. Therefore I naturally LOVE that God chose to relay His Gospel through written word! Hebrews 12 talks about the word of God as:

“living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword… discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”
Hebrews3:12 ESV

Oh how it is. I can tell you from experience that I know, simply by the thoughts that enter and take up residence in my noggin, if I have neglected this one, true, Living Word.

Living in the age of the internet has its benefits for the word enthusiast as well. I have found a number of Biblical resources that stir my heart and my affections for my Saviour and for His Truth. And I am SO thankful for these resources. Again; they help to anchor me in truth in a culture that strives to tell me that there is no.one.truth.

All that to say, I write this series of posts with great caution; because words matter, and because there is only ONE truth. And that truth is that life, true life, is found in Christ alone. Therefore – I caution the reader with this word of warning: these are my stories. And they might not be your stories. But maybe in them you will find a grain of truth that encourages you in YOUR story, as I have been encouraged by others who have been brave enough to write THEIR stories. As C.S. Lewis said:

“We read to know we are not alone.”


Next up: {Post 2: How God has wired you MATTERS}

1 comment:

  1. You are beautiful and so are your words. ❤️

    ReplyDelete