Thursday, April 3, 2014

Creating for Compassion

 I know I know ... Amanda WHY are you blogging at 1:00 am?? The baby is sleeping... GO TO BED!
And I'm going, I promise, right. after. this...

Have you ever had God literally drop an answer to prayer at your front door? In your bank account?
On your kitchen table? ......


            This past January my beautiful mother in law bought me a sewing machine....
                                            So awesome! Love her!

Now to be clear .... I hadn't been praying for a sewing machine. More than anything I had been feeling restless. For the past few months I have really been fighting for contentment and feeling convicted that I could be better stewarding the hours in my day. For as long as I can remember I would say that exercise has been my hobby (hobby defined here as something one spends  6+ hours per week on) . And yes  I know there is nothing inherently wrong with exercise but when it comes down to it ... What I have been struggling with is that it terminates completely on me. And then I'm really really good at keeping a clean house, like 90% of the day if you were to walk into my house it would be clean. Oh and I can move an entire house's worth of furniture around to make my home more "efficient" before my hubby walks in the door from work. Yeah I'm crazy like that. And again... There is nothing inherently wrong with a super clean freakishly organized incredibly efficient house. This I know. But when it's all said and done its something that is really only a gift to me. 

So as I felt God stirring my heart for something more I began praying a lot for guidance and direction and wisdom. Vague, yes, but I wasn't sure how else to pray! I wasn't feeling guilty or neglectful, just a little.. Lost. And through those times of prayer I felt the Holy Spirit whisper to me time and time again that He LOVES me. That he loves ME and that he created me with desires and giftings and personality and He sees it all as beautiful... And that he is "writing (my) story and never leaves me alone in my story"* ! 

And then my mother in law bought me a sewing machine. 

And it turns out that I have a knack for sewing... And for colours and patterns... (And guess what? Perfectionism is a GIFT when sewing. )

So one evening sitting at my desk I received the newest post from a blog that I subscribe to and read about how the author was thanking everyone who had bought her hugely popular best seller  for  being a "gift to those in need in Jesus' name" and I sat there just nodding my head. She gave it ALL. AWAY. Of course she did. And i had tears hot in my eyes and I opened my hands and and just prayed Father... Use Me

And of course, He is ever faithful. And able. So completely able. And sitting in front of me on that desk was my brand spanking new sewing machine.

And since that evening there have been some awesome moments.

                  My house has looked like this more often than it EVER has before ...




                ... And there has been a lot of this going on (smiling ... That is :) ) 
                 

... So I just had to share because I'm excited! I KNOW that God is in this. And I feel His pleasure as I take steps to live out the things he has placed on my heart.

So. When you are done here scroll right back up to the top of my home page and click on "Etsy Shop: ephesians3eighteen. It's been a slow start and I imagine it will continue to be slow. I'm not expecting to change the world, I'm not looking for fame and world renown, I just want to help some Mommas and babies in need. 

The long and short of it is, I've been inspired. And I'm rejoicing. :) 

Love you all!
Amanda

" Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. " - Ephesians 3:20-21


* Ann Voskamp aholyexperience.com



No comments:

Post a Comment